Date(s) - 11/14/2015 - 11/15/2015
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ben Avery FITA Range
Category(ies) No Categories
Desert Sky Archers and USA Archery Arizona
2015 DESERT CLASSIC
November 14-15th, 2015 – Star FITA registered
Registration is closed
LOCATION: Ben Avery Shooting Facility, FITA Range, Phoenix, Arizona
TOURNAMENT RULES: USA ARCHERY including USAA World Archery rules effective April 1, 2015 will be enforced. Noted exceptions below
Dress Code: USA Archery Dress Code
In an effort to be more inclusive and to eliminate potential issues in welcoming new archers to USA Archery events, the USA Archery Board of Directors passed a revision to the current dress code. The revised dress code addresses the desired outcome and dictates less regarding specific colors allowed during competition. The general feel was to be sure our athletes presented themselves and the sport in a professional manner without dictating the specifics.
The new dress code is effective Monday, May 31, 2010.
USAA Dress Code:
1. All athletes and coaches must present a professional, athletic appearance while on the field. (Torn, ripped or badly faded clothing articles are not allowed.) Clothing may be of any color.
2. No camo or blue denim (jeans) may be worn at target events. Accessories such as trim on shirts, caps, quivers, armguards, footwear, etc., are permitted to be camo. At field events, denim may be worn but camo may not be worn.
3. Shorts, skorts and skirts must not be shorter than finger tip length while standing normally.
4. Men and women are required to wear upper garments covering the front and back of the body and covering the midriff when at full draw. Women’s upper garments shall have a minimum strap of 3″ or sleeves. Men’s upper garments shall have short or long sleeves.
5. Sport/athletic shoes are recommended to all athletes and coaches during target events. Shoes must cover the entire foot.
6. At no time will any athlete or coach wear any article bearing any image or language to be considered offensive to others.
7. ALL archers not meeting the dress code will be asked to find legal clothing before they will be allowed to participate.
TOURNAMENT AWARDS: Medals will be given for top 3 places for Qualifying Rounds. Medals will be given to top 3 teams in Recurve and Compound Team Rounds. Medals will be awarded to 3rd place in Elimation Rounds.
QUALIFYING ROUND: 72 arrow Ranking Round will determine the Olympic Round Brackets Single Distance
• Recurves/Barebow (or basic Compound Genesis type bow) shoot 122cm Target Face
• Compound shoot 80cm 6 ring Target Face
• Recurve Junior/Senior shoot 70m
• Recurve Cadet/Masters shoot 60m
• Recurve Cub shoot 50m
• Recurve Bowmen shoot 30m
• Compound Cadet/Junior/Senior/Masters shoot 50m
• Compound Bowmen/Cub shoot 30m
• Barebow Junior/Senior shoot 60m
• Barebow Cadet/Masters shoot 50m
• Barebow Cub shoot 40m
• Barebow Bowmen shoot 20m
• Must shoot in Olympic rounds to be eligible for Ranking Round Awards
OPTIONAL TEAM ROUNDS: Sign ups will be during the Ranking Round
• Teams can be of 2 or 3 members
• Teams can be mixed or same gender
• Teams are Compound or Recurve/Barebow
• Limited to first 12 teams for Compound and first 8 teams for Recurve/Barebow
• Single Elimination
• All ages eligible and combined
• Arrows shot in ANY format as long as each archer shoots the same number of arrows.
• Both Recurve/Barebow and Compound shoot at 50m
• Recurve/Barebow shoot on 122cm target face
• Compound shoots on 80cm target face (no more than 3 arrows in each target face)
• Olympic Recurve set scoring
• 2 minute ends
• No equipment failures
MANDATORY ELIMINATION ROUNDS
• 3 Arrow ends
• 2 minute ends
• Recurve/Barebow uses set scoring
• Compound uses cumulative scoring 5 ends
• Single elimination
• No Equipment failures
• Divisions are set as follows
i) Bowmen and Cub will be combined and shoot 30 meters
ii) Cadet, Junior, Senior and Masters will be combined and shoot 50 meters
iii) Barebow will be combined into Recurve
iv) Recurve/Barebow shoot on a 122cm target face
v) Compound shoot on a 80cm target face
vi) Genders will be combined
SHADE AND CHAIRS: There will be shade for Archers and Spectators; however you should bring your own chairs. There is bleacher seating for Spectators.
TOURNAMENT QUESTIONS? Tournament Director: Rick Bachman email email@example.com
REGISTRATION QUESTIONS? Rick Bachman firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Nov 14, 2015 (Saturday): 8:00 am Archers Check-in & Equipment Inspection
8:30 am Start of Official Practice followed by 72 Arrow Qualifying round
11:45 am Approx. Lunch
1:15 pm Start of Optional Team Rounds
Nov 15, 2015 (Sunday): 8:30 am Official Practice followed by start of Mandatory Elimination Rounds
11:00 am Lunch
11:45 am Continuation of Elimination Rounds
Put away tournament equipment (all help is appreciated)
Our goal is to run the tournament as close as possible to this schedule but situations such as weather, protests or equipment failures may require us to modify the schedule. Announcements will be made at the Field.
Review the USAA AZ Tournament Rules and Procedures Information link for more event information:
You must be a member of USA Archery to compete in this tournament
http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Archery/Membership/Membership-Benefits You can buy a single tournament membership
“All USA Archery members will be required to show proof of membership at the time of tournament check-in. You can print out a copy of your membership card by going to the membership page of the USA Archery web site and logged into your personal account.”
You will be asked the following questions, they must be filled out on line
Bow type: Recurve Compound Barebow/Basic Compound (Genesis type bow)
Gender: Male Female
Wheelchair required?: Yes No
Age: • Bowman (Participants may compete as a “Bowman” through the calendar year of their 12th birthday, ie: born in 2003 or later)
• Cub (Participants may compete as a “Cub” through the calendar year of their 14th birthday, ie: born in 2001 or later)
• Cadet (Participants may compete as a “Cadet” through the calendar year of their 17th birthday, ie :born in 1998 or later)
• Junior (Participants may compete as a “Junior” through the calendar year of their 20th birthday, ie: born in 1995 or later)
• Master (Participants may compete as a “Master 50” beginning in the calendar year of their 50th birthday, ie: born in 1965 or earlier)
• Senior (any age)
Year of Birth: ___________
USAA Membership Information: Your membership number and expiration date are required at registration.
USAA Membership must be current at time of registration AND tournament.
Youth • $40.00 (eligible for Title and Award)
Adult • $45.00 (eligible for Title and Award)
Registration has closed
Archers may be asked to show their USAA membership card at tournament check-in.