Desert Sky Archers is a non-profit organization dedicated to teaching, training and promoting archery. With a home at the Ben Avery Shooting Facility in Phoenix, Arizona, Ben Avery Shooting Facility can offer a variety of spaces to learn and master archery. At the indoor facility and the FITA outdoor range an archer can practice and train for target archery.
Desert Sky Archers promotes archery as a family activity and offers six-week class sessions to both youth and adults at beginner and intermediate levels. Individuals completing the beginner class level are encouraged to register for the intermediate level. The instructors with Desert Sky Archers will be able to work with archers who wish to hone their skills and possibly go on to competitive level archery.
For archers completing the classes, we encourage you to become part of our Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) program. JOAD is recognized by USA Archery as a means to educate and encourage our youth archers for competitions locally, nationally and internationally. JOAD level divisions exist at nearly all major archery tournaments locally and nationally.
We are so proud of our Head Coach Steve Yee! Steve has been voted the National Male Coach of the Year!! We are so proud of Steve and his national recognition for his hard work!!!
Results for the 2018 Arizona State Outdoor!
Opportunities to Learn Archery: Dates and times in link
- Registration is open for our first Beg/Int Session of 2019 Click Here to Register
- Reservations are open for our 1 day Free Clinic for Ben Avery Archery Outreach. Click here to register
Looking to shoot in a local tournament?
- Papago Halloween Shoot
- ABFAA International Round
- ABFAA Classic Target
- 3G Archery Copper Classic
- 2018 Iron Archer
- 2018 Corner Cup
- It’s Not Too Cold Too Shoot
- It’s Not Too Cold Too Shoot Registered Archers
- 2019 JOAD Indoor State Championship
- 2019 Arizona State Recurve/Barebow Indoor Championship
- 2019 Recurve/Barebow Registered Archers
- 2019 Arizona State Compound Indoor Championship
- 2019 Compound Registered Archers