Date(s) - 04/29/2017 - 04/30/2017
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Ben Avery FITA Range
Category(ies) No Categories
2017 Arizona State JOAD Outdoor
April 29-30, 2017
Ben Avery Shooting Facility FITA Range
Star FITA Registered
37016 N Archery Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85086
Tournament Rules: Current World Archery/USA Archery rules apply with exceptions noted below.
Dress Code: Dress code that went into effect January 1, 2017 applies.
USA Archery Dress Code Policy
The USA Archery Dress Code Policy applies to the following individuals when in front of the Spectator Line at USA Archery Sanctioned Events: (a) Athletes, coaches, managers, credentialed media, team officials, tournament officials, and archer agents
1. Must present a professional, athletic appearance while on the field. (Torn, ripped or badly faded clothing articles are not allowed.) Clothing may be of any color, except as noted below.
2. No camo or blue denim (jeans) may be worn at target events. Accessories such as trim on shirts, caps, quivers, armguards, footwear, etc., are permitted to be camo. At field events, denim may be worn but camo may not be worn.
3. Shorts, skorts and skirts must not be shorter than fingertip length while standing normally. Leggings (tight fitting/yoga-type stretch pants) may be worn with compliant shorts, skorts or skirts.
4. Men and women are required to wear upper garments covering the front and back of the body and covering the midriff when at full draw. Women’s upper garments shall have a minimum strap of 3″ or sleeves. Men’s upper garments shall have short or long sleeves.
5. Shoes must cover the entire foot. Sport/athletic shoes are recommended to all athletes and coaches during target events.
6. At no time will any athlete or coach wear any article bearing any image or language to be considered offensive to others.
Camo Bows ARE ALLOWED
Championship Eligibility: USA Archery Membership listing Arizona as your residence is REQUIRED for you to be eligible for awards, elimination rounds and team rounds. Guest are welcome to shoot the ranking rounds on Saturday, no award given.
Championship Awards: The State Champion will be based on the winner of the elimination rounds. Plaques will be given to top 3 in each division. Ranking rounds, top 3 will receive medals. Team rounds, top 3 will receive medals.
Tournament Fee: $45 (not including optional team rounds see below). Tournament registration will stay open until April 27th, 2017. No late registrations, no walk-up registrations. All registrations must be done on line. No Refunds after April 27th if cancel or no show. Cancellations after April 23rd and before April 27th will be 50%. Guests are $65 and must be of JOAD age
Ranking Round: 72 arrow ranking round will set elimination round brackets.
• Recurve and Barebow will shoot on 122cm target face
• Compound will shoot on 80cm 6 ring target face
• Recurve Junior shoot 70M
• Recurve Cadet shoot 60M
• Recurve Cub shoot 50M
• Recurve Bowmen shoot 30M
• Compound Cadet/Junior shoot 50M
• Compound Bowmen/Cub shoot 30M
• Barebow Junior shoot 60M
• Barebow Cadet shoot 50M
• Barebow Cub shoot 40M
• Barebow Bowmen shoot 20M
Elimination Round: Based on ranking round results. Divisions separated.
• Recurves will use set scoring per WA Rules
• Barebow will use set scoring per WA Recurve Rules
• Compound will use cumulative scoring per WA Rules
• All divisions shoot 3 arrow ends
• All divisions shoot distance shot in ranking round
• Division must have 2 archers to participate
• If division does not have 2 archers, ranking round sets champion. Archers receive plaques but not medals
• Single Elimination ALL DIVISIONS regardless of size
Optional Team Round:
• Recurve and Barebow combined
• Compound only shoots against Compound
• Genders Combined
• ALL AGES COMBINED
• 50M Distance all bow types
• Teams must be 2 or 3 members
• Each archer must shoot an equal number of arrows
• Arrows can be shot in any combination
• Teams are expected to know rules prior to competition
• Teams must sign up now, see registration form
• No limit to number of teams
• $15 per TEAM on top of registration fee
Guests are not eligible
Age Divisions: as follows
• Junior (calendar year of their 20th birthday, 1997 or later)
• Cadet (calendar year of their 17th birthday, 2000 or later)
• Cub (calendar year of their 14th birthday, 2003 or later)
• Bowmen (calendar year of their 12th birthday, 2005 or later)
Shade and Chairs: Shade will be provided, BRING CHAIRS for archer and family.
All Questions: Rick Bachman email@example.com
Arizona Tournament Rules and Procedures can be found here:
Membership to USA Archery is REQUIRED and CURRENT: temporary membership for the tournament can be found here. Be prepared to show membership card if asked.
• 7:00 AM Check-In and Equipment Inspection
• Unofficial Practice will start shortly after Check-In
• 7:30 AM Start of official Practice 2 Ends
• 1st Distance will start after 2 ends of Official Practice
• 10:00 AM approx. will start 2nd Distance
• 60 Minute Lunch following 2nd Distance
• 1:30 PM Ranking Round Awards
• 2:00 PM Start of Team rounds
• Team Round Awards Upon Completion
• 8:30AM Start of Official Practice 2 ends
• Start of Elimination Rounds after 2 end of Official Practice
• Awards will be given at the end of all competition
Note: Host club will not mail awards out to those who do not stay for ceremonies.